Thursday, September 24, 2009

Do I know My Own Mind?

My mind- what is that really? I think of controlling it so many times and it never listens. It goes in its own way. Exactly doing things what I don’t want to. Thoughts just sail through it and most of the times I lose track of it.

I sit back trying hard to analyse it. All these years it has been with me and I don’t even know my own mind!! Sometimes jubilant with energy, suddenly moody, and in a minute it goes emotional. Crazy I would say if someone else does that? But then it is my own mind!! Am I crazy then? Perhaps!!!

One minute I think-Why should I take things so seriously and the very next moment I think-What Is life without emotions? Are we animals?...I am so unstable and is it fair when I expect someone else to understand me? Blame them if they get me wrong??A sensible mind would say –That is absolutely unfair!!! Well, as I said-Mine is not a stable one !!

You read it everywhere these days to live the moment, to relax, take things easy and many in line. You reinforce to yourself everytime and I tell you these just tempt you to do the reverse, though unwillingly!!

I often think why expect so much, though you would expect only from your dear ones who make up your life. I am not even satisfying my own expectations!! Why not let your dear ones free of questions, complaints and expectations? Accept them and give them the space. Joy is in giving and not in receiving.

Why do my happiness have to depend on others and why cant we be our own best friend. People, situation and everything else change with time. That is the law of nature. We all know. It is only our own mind, learnings that we had from our lives that remain with us. Is it not sane enough to realize that and find the true everlasting companion within ourself?

Even as I write this, the mind flickers on the various experiences and instances that it has gone through. So is it a fact that it does not want accept the truth? Well, then I am not forcing it!! Let me atleast accept that I cant change the way my mind wavers, its expectations , emotions, silly thoughts etc.and not sit down analyzing it!!!

2 comments:

  1. About me is really good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, well, good conclusion..

    ReplyDelete

Your Thought on this....