Friday, September 25, 2009

Career Mom Turns Full Time Mom!!

Here comes another day where I again snap the alarm and get back to a nap for five more minutes which for sure ends to atleast twenty minutes. After snoozing it for three times i get up in a hurry, with hundreds of thoughts running in mind , and like a robot I am again ready to office. Kissing my son who is blissfully sleeping, I step out of the house thinking do I have to go?? And yes,,,this thought has become a part of my daily routine…

The moment you enter office all this vanishes and the mind is busy on all the agendas of the day..The daily meetings to which you rush many times skipping your breakfast,,,and that’s it …i forget everything else .. sometimes i get a call from my two year old and I start hating myself for not having time to hear the lil one..Now the mind is no where, neither on the meeting nor on my little darling! You nod your head to both not knowing for what though..You can imagine the consequence J .

There comes the thought again…..do I need to do this? And I decide for the hundredth time I am quitting this job and have a happy time with my loved ones at home…

You get a call from your manager asking for updates , reports , milestones and all blah blahs and the mind again gets engrossed with work . With nothing in place , I curse everyone on earth and do things in such a hurry to catch the earliest bus home..and finally check the mobile for the missed calls from home…

On the way back the same thought trigger in different forms I would say,,,”no one is happy with me nor am i..y not take a break…”. Litlle bit of diversion comes in when you have small chit chats with your friends on the way back and well if anyone is in foul mood, which is very much possible, you get it on you . That’s the easiest thing you catch up to add on to your fully packed mind of confusion !!

The mind is tired now and there is frustration that you take back home..T he door opens with a disappointed kid and a relieved grandma waiting to have some rest. I take almost an hour to make him happy and when he is all pepped up I am tired …just gobble something and go to bed…just giving a blank nod to whatever people at home say….and sleep like a log…..

The routine continues and then came the final day when I took the decision. The mind is crystal clear and decisive inspite of listening to all advices and viewpoints. I am happy with this decision, I reassured myself and walked straight to putforth my resignation!!!
And you know what? Yes…you guessed it right…The mind again toggles with all the appreciation and promises that you are given and the assurance of a great career…The temptation pricks your mind…You go back home asking everybody at home hundred times if they are happy and is this right ? Wishing deep inside , you get the answer you want!!!

And you know what is the answer? “If you are so tempted, see if you can continue for some more time..All this is just for a while..When the kid grows you may be able to manage….and then the other side of the opinion pops out…see, your health is also important…think and decide…don’t repent later…”

Every working mom can understand how it feels with this answer….The ball is thrown back to your court!!! No one is supportive enough to you as they are more smart of the consequences and finally you say to yourself –Yes, I am not looking back.. The smile of my lil one is my happiness..I am just going to sit back and enjoy every moment and give back leisure and happiness to everyone at my sweet home…

The one month of notice period flies away and the farewell day comes where u bid good bye to you r work, not knowing if you are going to come back…and yes,,you keep reassuring to yourself and everybody this is your happiest day….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thought on this....