Friday, September 25, 2009

Career Mom Turns Full Time Mom- Over the days!!

They say the world is round and I think it is the same with one’s lives too. You come back to a point where everyone is busy for you. The irritation and frustration again pops in your head..And you start cribbing- Life is boring!...

An idle mind is the devils workshop. The mind is full fledged thinking all crisscross ways..
Can I look in for some part time job?
I don’t think my son requires me all the time…
Everyone is busy with their own work. Why don’t I engage myself in something.

Your mind hunts at various options and then you realize you don’t know anything other than the job you have been doing for seven full years…I have been so monotonously into that and the mind is so tuned to it…I started thinking- Am I addicted to the pressure? I felt all I needed is a break and not a fullstop to work…But then I jump back to the practicality, thinking of all problems at home when I lacked spending time…

Is life not funny? Now I have all the time and I don’t know what to do? There were days when I used to think if I had time I would do this, that etc…and now you know what, I am bored!!! Even to the extent of pampering myself with a pedicure or grooming myself…I start feeling,,,where am I going, why do I have to do this? And spend that time not doing anything…Then I try to call and catch up with some dear friends who have been complaining of me not being in touch all these days, and now it is their turn J They are busy with their work. Just exchange a formal hello and cut the line.. The mind wanders again-“ when they can manage, why not I? Did I Take a hasty decision?”. Oh my god…wont the mind stop coming to the same point! Well, I know it is going to take time for me to sink in with the present pragmatic life. I shout my moods at all those at home and I am afraid that does not sink down to my little one. The mind is back getting up with the same frustration “Yet another day!”…

Well, I realize I can’t start every day like this. Yes, I comfort myself yet again to take things easy , engage myself and make use of the time I have been longing for all these years and well, that has what has triggered me in writing this too. Every other week I find new ways to engage myself and that keep things moving in a more pleasant way as we know life just cant keep going with cribbing J. And I must also say this, every other day something or the other that my little darling does ,just wipes away all the gloomy thoughts!

When no one else takes me so seriously, then why should I take things to my head? And now I am again finding ways to occupy myself and spend some times just for me J. May be it is all passing clouds to settle down as a perfect mom and a home maker!!! Lets see how life takes its way..

1 comment:

  1. Simply amazing is all i can say. I knew that you are good in narrating an incident in person but coverting them into words on paper is difficult and hard; you have proved that you are in very good in that too.
    Great going!!! and keep it coming:)...
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete

Your Thought on this....