Thursday, February 25, 2010

Adieu Nokia!

After a really really long time, I thought I would change my mobile. My Nokia basic model, I have to admit, had been quite faithful to me after so many mishandling, which include dropping it down more than,,,hmm,,,definitely not less than hundred times. All you need to do just pick up the parts and fix it together which my four year old darling can do it in a jiffy.

The only reason I wanted a change was a quick camera and a camcorder to record the instant reactions and surprise performances by my little one. Cannot run around for a camera or a camcorder for such silly cute extempore! And I had missed so many of them in these two years this way. So decided to upgrade my ever faithful nokia mobile. Never had I thought of any another cell phone provider other than Nokia all these days and now I wanted a change. This sleak stylish sliding Samsung caught my attention. With lot of apprehension, comparing with a Nokia with similar features, I went for this.

As soon as i got, i told it first to a dear friend and there was this spontaneious reaction-"Why did you go for a Samsung? Does not have battery life. Spending so much for a Samsung mobile…It went on….blah blah..", just different version of “Are you crazy?” Got so much influenced that I thought do I need to change it back to Nokia? Though I liked the mobile at the first sight, the thought of ditching the ever steady and running inspite of thrown down the stairs coupled with this first reaction made me give a second thought. I enquired few more Samsung mobile reviews with other friends and it was not so bad. Some of them were-“Come on, lets try a change atleast in this :)”, “Can’t be bad”, “Have not had major problems so far” and few more .Ya, cannot expect it to be so sturdy and steady as Nokia with an endless lifetime was an universal opinion and I don’t deny that too.

But this time I was carried away with this stylish sliding mobile that I thought I will be more tender to this mobile and go with this. After all, how else do I learn to be careful after taking the Nokia to be for granted all these years.

Now, using it for few days, I have really started liking it that I have no second thoughts. Variety is the spice of life..though I don’t dare to test it on everything, I think I can afford to check on this:)

3 comments:

  1. Who is that stupid dear frnd of urs commenting on Samsung mobile...which you liked...huh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey y dint u ask me .... i have samsung touch screen mobile that also underwent all the drop down episodes...samsung rocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samsung s worth trying though none can beat Nokia for its reception...

    ReplyDelete

Your Thought on this....