Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Miss you.....

With all the tension cooling down after the coimbatore trip, I settled down with the usual self assurance “All for good” and started the usual chores after two days.
I guess I had looked at myself properly in the mirror only now after the trip. Something was missing. Yes, it was my short chain that was a part of me for the past five years. I confidently opened to take it out from my handbag, where I had placed it during the wedding to adore my neck with some jing bangs. When I dint find it in the first search inside my handbag, there was not any panic. Not so easy to find things in my always messy handbag!

But soon I realized it was not there. I started recollecting all the incidents after I had placed it inside. I could easily visualize putting it inside a ziplock cover and that too in the innermost zip of my handbag. After that I never bothered to check that. With all this tension of rushing back home with Navneeth down with viral, where would the thought be?

I searched again everywhere in the suitcases, hand luggage and every other possible places before I declared it was missing. I can guess the reactions-“You should have been more careful”, “This is not the first time” etc,,,!!! , so I dint want to hear it for no reason :). When you are already upset, this kind of adds fuel, though I agree all of them were cent percent true. But yes, now there is no choice. Now I have a trio- me, murali and my mom- brainstorming where and when it could have gone! I hated it. The fact is it is gone. You are just not spared like that so I had to participate in the session!!! There were also if’s and but’s. “If I had worn it again after the wedding”, “if i had cross checked once etc…”

I do feel sad for losing it not only for the cost at which gold and diamonds are sold but also the sentimental value I have attached to it. The pendant with 3 lovely studded diamonds caught almost every woman’s attention. All my dear ones reading this should be by now able to recollect the pendant I am talking about
:(  As with all things where you realize your attachment when it is gone, I do miss this lovely pendant hanging around my neck all these years. Flipping through my old snaps, I cannot help noticing the delicate darling hanging around me in almost every snap.

What else can be done now? Bygones are bygones! Ya…need to be more careful :)

1 comment:

  1. Be careful...!!!!!!!!!!!! you are not a kid to be careless!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your Thought on this....