Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just My Evening

I don’t remember the last time I spent one full day all alone. Though this one year at home had given be enough free time, they have never been like being alone.

My mom wanted to take Navneeth to the Ramanajur temple at Sriperumbatur this evening. At first, I was little skeptical on this as I did not want to add on to her strain with my little naughty kid. But then, once you tell him, you can’t stop him and even my mom assured me it should not be a problem as it would not take a maximum of four hours for the visit. Yes, the green signal to start!!

At first, I was thinking what I would do sitting all alone at home as almost all the work for the day had been done. It was almost five in the evening. In just a jiffy, a big list hit my mind. Half a day just for me with no mom to question or advice, no husband to quarrel..oops sorry ..to argue I meant :) and no Navneeth needing my constant scrutiny !

The list ran from reading my favorite long time not returned library book, blogging, peacefully cooking a simple dinner with nice choice of my music, get back with the long time missed calls of friends as there was no Navneeth to pull the mobile, and before I could realize I was sitting idle for half an hour thinking about all this.

As I was spending the evening happily with myself, flashed in my mind the college and school days I used to be alone in the evenings waiting for my mom and dad to return. So being alone was never so difficult as I tuned myself to enjoy such things, ofcourse, until a threshold, which never exceed one evening to the maximum.

I almost completed half the list I just mentioned and it was eight thirty. It was pleasant and peaceful and by now I think I started missing them. Waiting for each of them to come home and make it more lively with all tantrums, scoldings, arguements and blah blahs :))…

I guess it would be nice to make some space for yourself every now and then !

1 comment:

Your Thought on this....