Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Best Friend

I talk to him , I fight with him, I cry to him, I get angry on him, I question him, I cannot hide anything from him, I go to him whenever something goes wrong, or I just feel him within when I need peace! Wondering whom I am talking about? Can I say it is a perfect description of a friend? For all those who know me well, can u guess whom i am talking about? Hmm..“It is God”.

I am not aware of all the lessons or meanings the great religious books offer (well, may be a little half baked knowledge), I don’t contemplate on the logic behind His presence, I utter slokas for which I don’t understand the meaning, yet I get peace from them. Whatever it is, I just believe in Him.

I may not win the arguments of an atheist or convince people that there is God and he rules the destiny of our lives. In fact, I just stay out of such conversations .Not that such conflicting talk is gonna drift me away from Him, it is just similar to we not encouraging any arguments on our beloved ones.

When my life becomes hurly-burly, I go to Him. I blame Him when I don’t get things I desire. I also question Him – “If you know my destiny why do you show me things which you know I cant possess? I have always been your friend and why are you doing this to me.” He may not answer me, just like we may not be able to answer all the questions of a kid at that point of time. I might get angry on Him for that, but I go back to Him for I Know he is my only caretaker and trust Him. At times, I don’t listen to Him and then go back weeping when I have to face the reality. For me, He is a 24*7 hospital and sometimes the medicine called “pain”, which is bitter, has to be endured , to feel better. He might make me feel the pain, but I believe He would let me sink when I can’t bear the pain. And yes, when at happy times I forget Him, he reminds His presence.

Not necessary he comes directly to help me, in so many instances, he comes in so many forms, sometimes even as a stranger. Don’t have words to describe Him, no enough knowledge to prove His presence, for me, it is just a feeling of a friend and a caretaker whom I rest on anytime when I am tired and share my joy. One who does not expect anything from me but just loves me. I need not have the fear of losing Him and I unquestioningly surrender myself to Him happily.

1 comment:

  1. Even a religious follower has smallest of doubts in his/her mind during testing times...:)

    ReplyDelete

Your Thought on this....