Monday, November 30, 2009

Parents- Roll Up Your Sleeves!

Just wondering if education was so complicated when I was in school. May be as kids we faced challenges but did the parents also had to face it? There was interesting incident which kindled this thought in me. Here it goes!

The project topic for UKG students was “Vehicles”. The student had to make a model of a vehicle and speak a few lines about it. For a five year old, I would expect the child to do some basic model with the help of parents and talk about it. This is what we must have done in our school days! Yes, the days are changing fast , I totally understand. But what I saw on the day of the project was just Extraordinary!!. I am failing to get the right word!

There came real 3D prototypes of ship, cycle and helicopter, all remarkable work!. The helicopter was even having a motor to operate. Atleast 2 people were needed to carry each of these prototypes inside the premises. A big applauds to the parents. But, is this a display of talent for the parent or the child. For such massive presentations, we are sure that the five year old could not have contributed anything. Professionals are hired in many cases. Is this what our education system or the schools want now? With few more pounds we can place a real cycle so that the child can talk better!!:) ..

Is it the teachers who impose such lavish and magnificent work or is it the self imposed competition within the parents? Whatever it is, we follow the ruling party and we know the plight of the minority who might want to question this :).

We strongly believe only these reputed schools give the best education to our kids. Though this is my opinion on some of the aspects which can focus on the kids rather than the parents, I think even I would soon start to learn the school’s expectations, and I am all set when I need to display my talent.

Go with the crowd- is that what I am saying???Well, may be :)

1 comment:

  1. good job! interesting and also a thought provoking one!!

    ReplyDelete

Your Thought on this....