Sunday, October 16, 2011

No doubt, Old is Gold

I am alone with my little daughter and she is sleeping. With almost all the work done for the day, I assume I have a little time for myself until she rings the alarm. I thought I can catch up with some of the missed calls of my friends. Only then I realized I don’t know a single number by heart; much to be ashamed, even my mom’s number(new mobile number though!), with the mobile lost.

I lost my mobile yesterday night and it has been misused by some miscreant, who had his part of fun by calling all the contacts in the midnight, creating embarrassment and havoc. Thank God, I had written down some of the frequently used numbers in case of any emergency during my delivery. I am completely handicapped now losing all the contact details.

It just flashed my mind how I used to remember the numbers of almost all my friends and relatives during the pre cell phone days; and maintain a telephone diary which now looks like an antique for me. Now when I dial the numbers using the house landline, I feel like using it for the first time . Storing all the numbers with names and reaching them in one-press has been one of the contributing factors for my rusting memory. May be I cannot get back the memory of having all the numbers in my finger tips, but with this incident I ensured that I practice writing down the numbers so that I don’t get stuck like this, especially such precious rare time for a pep talk which adds some spice and energy to the otherwise monotonous routine :). Time to think about the flip sides of the advanced technologies :).

1 comment:

Your Thought on this....